Land mines are explosive security devices, often found in and around industrial facilities to restrict access.
Appearance and Functions Edit
Land mines are explosive disk-like objects that are often found sitting on flat open surfaces. The disk-shaped mechanism is surrounded by a series of glowing red lights and emits a high pitched beeping sound to warn people of its presence.
The slightest form of physical contact is capable of detonating a deadly explosion strong enough to kill anything around it within several meters. There is no way to dispose of a Land Mine without detonating it. Land mines can be detonated from a safe distance by throwing rocks, using grenades, using a Shrykull charge or making an enemy step on it. If enough room is available on the other side, land mines may also be jumped across.
- Although land mines cannot be disarmed, there is a variant of the Land Mine known as the UXB, which can be disarmed without setting it off by pressing a green button on top of it at the right time.
- When detonating land mines in Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee they regenerate after a few seconds.
- Detonating land mines in Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus and Munch's Oddysee will not cause surrounding mines to explode, no matter the proximity. In Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty, however, detonating one mine will cause a chain reaction when others are near.
- The only other exception is when detonating land mines in Munch's Oddysee using a bone powder keg. This will cause an entire field of mines to explode in a chain reaction.
- Bouncing a rock from a wall and on to a mine in New 'n' Tasty will unlock the 'Odds and Rockers' achievement.
- In Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty, there are some invincible landmines towards the end of Stockyards Escape.