This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help The Oddworld Wiki by expanding it!
Cleanup (Issue: Contains several uncited facts and most of page content is in Trivia – trivia should be integrated into main page contents where possible.)
To meet The Oddworld Wiki's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
The Scrabs used in the production of Scrab cakes at RuptureFarms was sourced from the nearby Scrabania and Scrabanian Temple. Due to the species being hunted to near-extinction, however, the company has started to experience reduced production figures and plummeting sales – RuptureFarms expected the product to experience a critical failure within 23 days of their Annual Board Meeting, which would have severely hindered the company. This was part of the reason why Molluck decided to begin production of Mudokon Pops.
- Scrab Cakes are named after crab cakes, a snack that contains crab meat.
- The Scrab shown in the advertisement portrays the Scrab as being green in colour, likely to differentiate the Scrab from the similarly red Meech and avoid confusion for their consumers.
- According to the RuptureFarms Annual Board Meeting, the company had been recently forced to pay higher taxes on Scrab Cakes due to the company being unsuccessful in convincing the Nolybab courts of this particular tasty treat's "cake status". This is a reference to Jaffa Cakes, a type of confectionary sold in the United Kingdom which is classified as a cake for taxation purposes.
- Although Scrab Cakes were once a popular tasty treat in the Mongo Valley, the introduction of game hunting, spearheaded by Sekto, has caused a significant reduction in sales.
- With his recent acquisition of the Necrum Mines, it appears Molluck had attempted to introduce Scrab Cakes into the region, but due to the lack of stable residents, there was no major demand.
- It is suggested that the commercial spokesperson for RuptureFarms in the Fegas region had successfully introduced Scrab Cakes onto store shelves. However, any successive marketing strategies appeared to have failed, as the spokesperson became distracted by gambling. According to the Annual Board Meeting, "[they] ended up shooting craps", which significantly impacted the ongoing sales of Scrab Cakes.