Cleanup (Issue: Article written in past tense, needs to be changed to present tense)
To meet The Oddworld Wiki's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
While running the transport system known as the FeeCo Depot, Aslik met with fellow heads of office, General Dripik and Director Phleg, who voiced their concerns about the facility known as SoulStorm Brewery being infiltrated by the Mudokon renegade and former slave, Abe. After the disappearance and presumed death of former Rupture Farms Chief Executive Officer Molluck, Dripik and Phleg voiced their concerns that, if Molluck returned, they'd be held accountable for the factories' demise, but Aslik declared otherwise that the time had come for he, himself (but soon amending his statement by including Dripik and Phleg) to run matters. Dripik called Aslik out by stating that he would run nothing, but Aslik insisted that no one should argue over who got what and so he worked alongside Dripik and Phleg to ensure the absolute safety of SoulStorm Brewery by locking the entire facility up with such stringency that Abe would "have to be invisible" to get into it, relishing his plan by laughing wickedly with Dripik and Phleg.
After Abe had successfully infiltrated The FeeCo Depot Executive Office, Aslik addressed the Mudokon workers on the whole through the news program, Magog on the March, thinking first that the cameras were not on and exclaimed "Those stinkin' slaves!" before seeing that the cameras were pointed at him and meekly simpered to the workers that "Uncle Aslik" took good care of them, loving them all like they were his own, but angrily stated that should they fail to capture Abe, they'd all be subjected to the brew vats, ordering them all back to work after his announcement.
Abe had successfully reached Aslik's office and subjected the Vice President to his mind control, through which a possessed Aslik ordered Slig guards to kill one another off before reaching the Security Fone, which he used to contact the Slig in charge of security. The mind-controlled Aslik ordered the Slig to disarm the main gate, and subsequently was killed when Abe released his mind control.
Personality and TraitsEdit
Aslik was the most inventive, intelligent and articulate of the three heads of office running Magog industries since Molluck’s demise and, most likely because of this, he disliked being in a lower ranking than the other two Glukkons he worked with, but marked his difference from the other two by dressing in finer clothes. When renting videos, Aslik would return them without rewinding them first.
While the Vice President of the Magog Cartel, Aslik wore finer clothes than others, notably a glass monocle held in his left eye, and wore his executive pin on the neckline of his light red shirt, which was covered by a grey suit adorned with a white pocket square and simple black dress shoes. However for what appears to be his redesign in Soulstorm he looks completely different; he is wearing a black suit with a black fur collar and an ruby executive pin on his chest. His skin, like all other redesigned Glukkons, is a light grey colour. His face is more feminine and makes him look similar to Lady Margaret.
He also seemed to try and promote tourism, with information screens with 'uncle asliks tips' and he generally tried his best to seem charming and likable, even towards the Mudokon slaves. However, the blowhard personality that prevailed in almost every other Glukkon was prevalent in Aslik, and he would be prone to bouts of rage.
- He authored a book entitled "I, Aslik", in which he details his first experience using addiction to compel Mudokons to work. He also describes his decision to combine addiction and violence for a more productive means of employee motivation, and cites his favourite leisure activity as Indoor Mudokon Tossing.
- The name "Aslik" closely resembles the derogatory term "ass lick", which is generally used to refer to somebody who will do anything asked of them by someone of higher power or influence, usually with the intention of propelling their own status.
- The posters that claim he keeps "The trains running on time" is a reference to the fascist dictator Mussolini.
- In the concept art it appears to wrongly portray him as female, due to his face being drawn very feminine. However @oddworldinc have confirmed on Instagram that he is in fact male.
- We have assumed that the Glukkon in the concept art is Aslik because he is pictured next to the FeeCo Depot.
- Abe's Exoddus (First Appearance)
- The Art of Oddworld Inhabitants: The First Ten Years 1994 - 2004